↳ Perfect Couples | 1. Cristiano Ronaldo and Irina Shayk.
Cristiano Ronaldo | Ballon d’Or Private Photo Album [x]
Portugal vs Cameroon - Cristiano & Coentrao
- Ronaldo makes history as Portugal’s top scorer (49) and is the country’s second most-capped player with 110 appearances.
Training | March 5-6, 2014
Ancelotti had a small group of players available for the first session of the week. Jesé, who played with La Rojita the day before, was the only U-21 international to join the group. The others remained indoors.
- The three players with the most minutes under Ancelotti: Pepe (3167), Ronaldo (2966), Ramos (2944)
- Only 12 matchdays left in La Liga (7 home, 5 away)
- RM with most wins in 2014 than in any other top league (14 of 16)
- Casillas at BBVA event: “What we’ve done until now is the minimum asked of us. To be in and to fight for the three competitions. Right now our position is privileged.”
- Alonso to France Football: “Ancelotti is much more than the image of him as a calm man. I can assure you that whoever doesn’t give 100 percent is punished by the coach. However, with him, the atmosphere is pleasant. The footballer is conscious of his responsibilities, but, at the same time, feels the confidence of the coach.”
- Pepe spoke to Record about La Décima and Ronaldo: “As his friend and being Portuguese, I’m proud he’s won his second Ballon d’Or. I was very happy, he deserved it - it had been a long time coming. I don’t think there’s any way to describe what CR7 is doing at Real Madrid, his statistics. I would find it hard to believe if I didn’t see him play every day.”
- Jesé allegedly has a buyout clause somewhere near €50 million.
- According to El Confidencial, Raúl will retire at the end of the season so he can pursue a career in coaching.
Are you resigned to being a substitute or not playing in the league?
"I’m fine with it; you always have to analyse what the players have contributed. You have to follow orders. Everyone wants more and that’s good. If I have to play 14 matches, what’s important is always wanting to play more. Then the coach decides. If his decision is for me to take part in these two competitions [Copa del Rey and Champions League], I’m very happy with that. That’s been the case for months now, and we can’t always be on the same issue."
"Up to now, the coach has gone for Diego [López] in a competition we’re doing well in. Diego López has had a big hand in the fact that we’re top. He’s doing very well. When I play, I have to do well."
Could Gabi’s goal have been saved?
“As Madrid captain, what I’d like to ask for is respect for all the players who are part of this squad. Here it isn’t a question of who should play and who is the best. We have a coach who makes the decisions and we have to observe them. What [Dani] Carvajal gives you [Álvaro] Arbeloa doesn’t, and vice versa. They’re different players. We’re talking about a goal that has to be analysed, but there are players impeding your view. Everything that’s said afterwards is just talk; there has to be respect.”
How much could be you worth in the market, and do you feel undervalued?
"I’ve never felt that way on the street, because you always have shows of support and that’s very important. My self-esteem is high and much of the success I’ve had in my career is maybe down to the confidence I’ve had. On my market value, I don’t know. I’ve easily got five years ahead of me."
The reason for the league comeback?
"Never give up. Real Madrid are always characterised by that phrase. You must be at your best and not give up. Second is nothing. Between all of us we have tried to cut down the distances, play better and give more attention to the defence. The result is we are now where we wanted to be seven months ago"
José Mourinho’s remark about RM players’ vanity?
"Next question. You’ll have to ask him and have him clarify it in England."
Shirtless Cristiano Ronaldo Manchester United days requested by anonymous
Cristiano Ronaldo ♥
Ancelotti and team bond over dinner ⇢
GOOD MOOD IN THE REAL MADRID CAMP
Proof of the high spirits and camaraderie in the ‘Los Blancos’ dressing room came not just in the pudding, but in the fact that Carlo Ancelotti joined the players for a whole dinner out last night. The entire squad was there except Álvaro Arbeloa and Xabi…